Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Dough
Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Dough! My go-to sweet treat actually made it into ball-form this time. *I’ve been eating it straight out of the bowl lately, sometimes as a meal. It’s that good.
I used to make these with gf oats, before I realized grains (even gluten-free ones) just didn’t love me back. So now I use a combo of almond flour and cashew flour as the base.
Not gonna lie... using oats tastes more like traditional cookie dough, but if you’re avoiding grains like me then these sure do hit the spot!
p.s. You can sub out the raisins and cinnamon for chocolate chips if that’s how you roll!
1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews (pulsed into a flour)
1/2 cup almond flour
8 medjool dates (pitted & softer is better)
2 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp raisins (soaked and re-hydrated for an hour)
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt to taste
1. Blend cashews in a food processor a high speed blender medium fine consistency like flour.
2. Add in almond flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon and salt and pulse-blend/process.
3. Slowly add in dates and continue to pulse blend. If using a vitamix, you may have to use your tamper. *I use a mini food processor.
4. Add liquids - start with 1 tbsp of maple syrup, plus the vanilla. Add more maple syrup if you need it to move. It should form a ball like dough in the food processor.
5. Fold raisins into the dough.
6. Place the dough in a bowl with a lid and refrigerate for 2 hours to harden the dough.
7. Roll into balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.